Wednesday 2 December 2009

20th Nov Tutorial with Annie

I thought we had done a good job at preparing for the tutorial, I thought it was a good idea to use the storyboards that we had had each done, we had a disc with are rough cut (this wasnt able to be shown however- we didn't have a Mac in the room).
We went through are idea and filled Annie in on the progress so far, AGAIN we got ourselves confused with the plot points.
This is what we actually HAVE: Act one, incident - he meets Mr.s Robinson

Plot point 1- decides to mess with the kid

Act two, incident- he is about to ask her out on a date

Plot point 2 - kid leaves the school

Act three HE MEETS MRS. ROBINSON AGAIN AT SCHOOL

I dont know how we got it confused again? I think, well it says in my research book we had it down as: act one -incident, act 2 - incident - 3rd act....
I think we have concerntrated more on the plot then the actual points that MAKE the story!!
We had a meeting STRAIGHT AFTER and used the sheet Annie gave us which helped us clairfy our plot.
We then got into a debate/ argumument over where to film the first scene, (where he wakes up)
my room was ideal and I didn't see the point in changing it, but Josh thought it was a bit too far to go, (all the way to my house)!!! and recommended his room at his flat, with one day to go before filming and no camera on hand to do test shots I said it wasn't fair. Amy also said she was happy filming there and liked the shot we could get in there. Josh still wasnt that happy about it.
I think this is another one of those situations where he found it hard to acceot I wasn't happy with his choice and the reason behind it was unbelieveable I even turned round and suggested giving him the 50p for the bus.
Myself along with all my group have become good friends, we all have banter and get on well in and outside the group I think though Josh may have a problem with the idea of me being project manager, he thinks and has said before "your not in control of me, and your not telling me what to do", I've said before I'm not about that, I dont want to boss people around but I'm going to give him stuff to do and set him deadlines like everyone else. He gets the fact I have job to do and have to organise what happens but it makes it SO hard to try when I feel he wont co-operate.
Also Mark shocked us today saying he wasnt happy with the sounds and saying he would find it difficult to get comical sounds to go with the piece, I have no issue with that AT ALL, I do however have an issue with the fact we have asked him if he is ok, does he want help, do u have any issues... and he always answers no I'm fine, this upset me slightly because as soon as Annie questioned him and how he was getting on he came out with that! No one had any idea!
I have since spoken to Mark and we have sorted out the issue and he feels ok, he just wants to get on with researching his sounds and finding them and then finally inputing them into our piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment