Tuesday 15 December 2009

Sound Recording 11th December

After all the problems I had had throughout the project doing sound, I went back to an old tried and tested set-up. One rifle mic, no mixer, straight into the camera/Marantz.

Out of all the shoots, this is the one I was most pleased with sound-wise. Voices were clear with very little feedback off the boom. The whole floor was quiet and didn't give us much disturbance at all. Sure I still fell back in to the routine of leaning in too close with the boom and getting it in shot but thats something I will just have to remember for the next project (If I ever do on set recording again, which I hope not to do).

It feels great to finish filming the whole piece. Its taken us a long time, too long, but many of the reasons for this were totally out of our hands.
Now comes the editing, something I believe I need as much time to do as possible. The sound edit isn't just for me, its for the whole group. If I don't get enough time, then it reflects badly on the piece. Not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment