Tuesday 15 December 2009

Tuesday 15th December 2009 - The day before the deadline

Yesterday we had a tutorial with Annie where we showed her our film – and I have to say I was shocked at how little of our film we have edited. This is by no means Josh’s fault, he has had little time to edit the piece and has deadlines just like the rest of us. However, I do feel that if we had been organised and prepared throughout the whole production process, then there would have been plenty of time left for editing. It is also really hard for Mark as he has to wait for Josh to edit the footage before he can edit the sound – it looks like Mark will have to edit the sound tomorrow, the morning of the deadline, which isn’t great.

I have every confidence that we will get it done but I would really like to look at the piece before the hand in time. I’m concerned that we aren’t going to get the plot points sorted, there has been a lot of confusion over them and yesterday we realised that we didn’t have a mid point.

I just want to confirm the plot points for myself and the rest of the group:
• Inciting incident – parents evening
• Plot point one – Sean’s sabotage
• Mid point – Jack realizes that he doesn’t have to sabotage Sean to get closer to Nicole, and plucks up the courage to ask her on a date
• Plot point two – Sean’s moved school
• Ending – Jack sees Nicole and asks her on a date, and she says yes!

It’s so so important that we get these plot points in there, it is been marked in terms of them and we will have not met the brief if they aren’t evident in the piece.

For the mid point we were going to use an interal monologue of Jack saying ‘wait, I don’t have to do this…’ etc as he’s about to set Sean up again. Because we don’t have this shot, maybe we should just use any shot we have of Jack sat thinking/staring and put the voiceover over it. I spoke to Sam about it yesterday and he said the same thing. Please have a look at the link I posted below of the opening of the first episode of The Inbetweeners. It is a good example of an internal monologue and is also very funny. There is frequent use of the internal monologue in all episodes so check out any of them on YouTube as well.

Josh I’m coming in later on so I’ll call in and have a look at how it’s coming along and let you know what I think about the editing/shots used – don’t get annoyed with me though!
See you all later or tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment